"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett...
Here’s this week’s roundup of Kenobi trivia by author John Jackson Miller as he counts down to release day. Remember, you can follow along by checking out the Twitter hashtag #KenobiCountdown and following John on Twitter.
16) The Kenobi novel gets into the usage of the “Sand People” and “Tusken” terms.
15) Obi-Wan mentions the events of my Star Wars Insider #143 prequel story “Incognito” in KENOBI.
14) Lucasfilm’s Jennifer Heddle suggested showing Ben’s meditations. Wonderful idea: they became KENOBI’s emotional throughline.
13) KENOBI doesn’t exist just to connect continuity dots, but I still consulted many works: prose, comics, YA novels, RPGs.
12) Oddest KENOBI research: learning the parts of a dewback harness!
11) One character has a fun link to the old Marvel SW comic. No, not Jaxxon!
10) Many old landspeeder types turn up in KENOBI. It’s like a West End Games-era car show.
9) The vaporator model introduced in KENOBI is huge; closer to those seen in Marvel’s Star Wars #66.
8) Some hard SF thinking in KENOBI: Why water, so easy to synthesize, is so precious on Tatooine.
If you haven’t pre-ordered Kenobi already, you can head on over to the Random House product page for links to the hardcover, digital and audiobook versions from various retailers. Kenobi will hit stores August 27th. And in cased you missed them, here are the links for week one and week two of John’s Kenobi trivia.