"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett...
Exciting things came out of the “Secrets of Star Wars: The Clone Wars” panel at Star Wars Celebration Europe on Friday, July 26. The panel featured The Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni and StarWars.com’s Pablo Hidalgo. Here are the highlights collected from the Star Wars Underworld Twitter account:
- Filoni described a rejected story concept for how The Clone Wars series would have tied into Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, but it was ultimately rejected by George Lucas.
- Filoni tried multiple times to have Ahsoka ride a wolf during The Clone Wars.
- There was going to be an arc featuring Yoda and Wookiees. Some early animation was shown from the Wookiees arc.
- Asajj Ventress’ story was going to get “very dramatic.” Last time we saw her, Ventress was being interrogated by Anakin in “The Wrong Jedi” and she no longer possessed her lightsabers.
- Hidalgo stated that elements from the live action series were hinted at during the second season of The Clone Wars.
- Concept art of a Sith temple was shown and Filoni hinted that it would appear in the bonus content’s Yoda arc.
- Concept art for the Jedi sisters from the bonus content’s Order 66 arc was shown. Species is still unknown.
- Plo Koon is getting a character model update.
- Former Chancellor Valorum and Cad Bane’s ship will appear in bonus content.
- Hidalgo stated that they are still working on how to distribute the bonus content. The material may be outside of the box set and could include unfinished animation.
- The Yoda and Anakin clip that was shown at Star Wars Weekends 2013 was also shown. Filoni stated that Yoda and Anakin have a more personal connection.
- There is a scene that deals with repercussion of the end of season five. Unfortunately, it is unsure whether it will be seen.
- In terms of the expanded universe, Filoni said that he didn’t put many EU characters in the series because he didn’t want to change them too much.
- Filoni suggested wrapping the series up during timeline of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith. The audience would have seen what other characters were doing during the film.
- Filoni stated that he was surprised at how much fans loved the Zillo Beast. However, no plot was ever finalized for cloned Zillo.
- Filoni went on to say that lots of clone action will be coming up, probably not Republic Commandos, though.
- Season 5 DVD/Blu-ray and Series Box Set coming on October 15. DVD/Blu-ray packaging design features Obi-Wan Kenobi on the cover. Includes some director’s cuts.
Season Five DVD/Blu-Ray and Series Box Set